The cultural and social wellbeing of the communities where we live, work, and travel to, are vitally important to the way that we, as an organisation, go about conducting our business.
As a global travel company, FCTG is a primary stakeholder in all of the communities where we operate as well as the communities to which our customers travel. We believe that as a stakeholder we have a responsibility to respect the cultural and social wellbeing of these communities and that our unique position provides us with the ability to exert a positive influence on these communities.
Social – Our goal is:
- To build a brighter future in the communities where we work, live and travel, promote closer ties and respect among people and cultures, and offer a helping hand in times of need.
Key priorities for the year are:
- Providing information on cultural and social responsibility for consultants and creating in-store materials to assist in customer education.
- Conducting product reviews aimed at identifying products that are:
- Potentially detrimental on a social/cultural level; and
- Potentially beneficial on a social/cultural level.
- Developing a working partnership with the International Institute For Peace Through Tourism (IIPT) with a view to identifying additional areas of focus.