We are undertaking a company-wide initiative that aligns the way we operate, now and into the future, with globally accepted principles of Responsible Travel.
For us, Responsible Travel means operating our business in a manner that respects the environment and wildlife, and benefits local people, their cultures and economies.
We believe that our first step is to establish a Responsible Travel Charter that maps out our company’s commitment to develop, promote and sell travel that respects human rights, the environment, and social equality.
We are also committed to becoming a contributing member of the United Nations Global Compact. The UNGC initiative was created by the United Nations to encourage businesses worldwide to adopt sustainable and socially responsible policies and practices. As a UNGC member, we will be required to publish a report (Communication on Progress) annually, which will demonstrate our commitment and the actions that we will be taking to deliver our corporate sustainability and social responsibility.
We are currently:
• Undertaking a comprehensive audit of our suppliers to identify areas of specific concern.
• Establishing communication systems for external parties on issues of responsible tourism.
• Creating a website to serve as a focal point for internal and external communication and
encourage company-wide input on responsible tourism.
• Creating educational materials to help bring all FCTG employees on board with the project.
• Drafting an annual report (Communication on Progress) for internal review.