Flight Centre continues to invest in its multi channel sales network, with an upgrade of its global shop network and an enhanced internet offering on the way.
After recently adding Lonely Planet content to its Australian websites and calling for tenders for an enhanced online booking facility, the company has unveiled an innovative new Shop of the Future design.
The design, which has been developed and refined over the past six months, will serve as the blueprint for the company’s next generation shops and will include a host of special features for customers.
Key features include:
- An in-store LCD screen with rotating destinational imagery
- In-store customer terminals for client research
- An On-sale Now panel featuring current advertising campaigns and specials
- Swivelling consultant terminals that allow clients to view product and destinational images
- Improved world maps with feature destinations in brochure format below
- Dedicated client areas
- Comprehensive travel library with magazines, essential information and direct access to brochures
The first Shop of the Future opened yesterday (June 26) in Melbourne’s Endeavour Hills Shopping Centre.
Flight Centre Limited Australian EGM Sue Garrett said the new design was fresh and modern and would showcase innovative marketing concepts.
Ms Garrett said signage and other key branding elements, including the popular Flight Centre captain, would also be more visible.
“With the continued popularity of our shops, we felt the time was right to really focus on and enhance the holiday shopping experience for our customers,” she said.
“The new shops will be both interactive and dynamic for customers and will highlight the full range of travel products the company’s expert consultants offer.
“Importantly, we have placed great emphasis on creating a welcoming atmosphere that will give customers a feeling that their holidays have begun from the moment they walk through the door.”
Ms Garrett said the shop and internet upgrades were part of Flight Centre’s ongoing strategy of improving its customer experience across all sales channels.